Thursday, March 23, 2006

I would have died


Did you all know my brother was taking Karate? Well, not but less then a week ago he got his suit and the white belt that comes with it. Well, Monday night at his class he got his yellow belt. He passed the test by the grace of the head trainer (with whom we have good veza with). Poor guy. I was SO embarrassed for him! To pass your test he had to go out in front of the whole karate classes combined (all the belts were lined up on one side of the gym, there were probably 60-70 of them watching him) then he had to do a series of moves to pass his test. Before he did anything though the head trainer went out in front of all the kids and said “This is Lucas, he is an American, he didn’t understand that he was supposed to come last Sunday to get his belt. He is with an organization. He does not understand Bosnian okay?” I was so nervous for him! Poor guy he is only ten and then 120 eyes all on him! My mom was making agony noises the whole time. Then she said “oh, this is just torture for me, I can’t watch anymore.” So she closed her eyes for a little bit. I was on the edge of my seat praying, “Please do well, please do well, and please don’t make any mistakes.”

In the end he did make a couple mistakes but they gave him the belt. Oh, to be nine again and be able to bounce back from such an embarrassment. He was SO happy that he got his belt he didn’t even care that they made him do that. I need to scan the pictures I have of him before all those kids and doing his moves. Ohh, Lucas. I love you!

1 comment:

Jana said...

haha! go lucas!!