Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Speech, birthdays, and hard times

Its been a long time since I've updated, sorry guys...

Well, I was working double time on school so I could go to a speech weekend that Tiff and Joce were teaching. (Sound a little bizzare? Work twice as hard on school, just so I can attend more school?) Why? because.. This was different, this was new, this was exciting, this was speech. I had never really done an 'offical' speech class before but I had done miscellaneous speeches. Overall I really liked it! But maybe that's cause I love the teachers sooooo much (that's for you guys, cause you two are way hot! ;-)

Anyway, Friday night, after class all day everybody came over to my house for a birthday party!! We ate encheladias, and homemade icecream (and ofcourse cake). But was that the highlight of the weekend? I mean, how could anything be better then hangning out with your friends, and eating good food? WELL, do I have news for you! The absolute best part of the night was totally humiliating ourselves!!!! Right now your probably thinking... umm... okay.... or WHAT IN THE WORLD!? So let me explain myself a little bit. As a game for my birthday by great mother came up with a sort of a scavendure hunt. A hunt for what? Total Humiliation. Each team had a video camera and went around the city doing crazy things for the camera. Example: Sing 'Hello Dolly' as loud as you can on the kino stairs on the walking street (with ofcourse backup dancers singing and dancing behind you). Talk about HUMILIATION!! Oh but it was so fun! I mean how often do you do a choreographed hip-hop dance in the middle of the walking street? (whoa did we get looks for that one!) Over all... it was a blast!! (although I am now considering plastic surgery to change my identity)

Okay moving on to Sunday... we had 66 people over at our house for a goodbye party to Uncle Rob, the Edgars and Eisenburgs. It was a very special time where a lot of people told eachother what they appriciate of eachother, and shared special stories. I have to tell you all my heart hurts. My dear friend Kait is leaving to permenetly go back to the states... ouch. It is times like these that make you want to lie in your bed and not get up. Times like these that make you want to rewind time, just so that you can spend more time with her....times like these that makes being an MK so hard. What would I do without my Savior? Who would I turn to with this pain? What a relief it is to know that He has everything in control. A verse has kept on playing again and again in my head- Romans 8:28 'And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.' And so I know that God is going to get me through this, just like He has gotten me through everything else.

2 comments:

Jana said...

i'm so sad i missed it all... i can't believe you had a scavenger hunt without memememememememememe. i'm sad kait's leaving, and i'm not even there!! yeah...sometimes MK life is super hard. it's so worth it though.

Janelle said...

Yeah, great humiliation, but I didn't care, I'm lucky I don't live in good ol' Zenica. :P

Yes, I'm sad I wasn't able to attent the good-bye party... but it sounded like ya'll had a wonderful, touching time.
We'll always have beautiful memories, and hi-res photos to remember them by. ;)