Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Cimburiada-first day of spring

I have had such fond memories of Cimburiada. (Zenica’s own holiday were everyone goes down to the park in the middle of the city and has a rostil, or walks around) A picture taken three years ago showed me in a tank-top with sunglasses on. Well… this year wasn’t quite that warm, it rained a little bit, but then was just a little gray. I shouldn’t complain. It could have been snowing as it did last Sunday. But it would have been ideal to see the sun and blue skies. However, even if the weather were nice it still wouldn’t have been the best Cimburiada. There was no sit down time with the Bosnians around the grill smelling the cevapi as it cooks. Instead my family decided to only go to half the holiday, and just walk around. Joce found me shortly after we got there (thankfully!) so I didn’t die of boredom. (Question for all you married people out there… don’t you get sick of your husband or wife? I mean don’t you just want to go and hang with other people all the time? It is a mystery of marriage that I have never found the answer to) Don’t get me wrong, I love my family a lot… but its just not the same when you see them everyday. Aside from all of that… I only got to see one person that I knew. (Besides two of Walter’s old boys from a distance) Such a disappointment! Ohh well. At least it is the first day of spring! That’s good! So happy first day of spring everybody, hopefully your days will be full of sunshine and warmth.

3 comments:

Larissa said...

Aww.. that's really sweet. If I ever do get married I hope I will be able to say the same thing about my husband.

Jana said...

i didn't even realize in was cimburiada...now i feel like crap... you know, prvi maj has always been the big one for me anyway, but that's like finals week, so that's just gonna suck.

Kait said...

happy spring!ya know what i got to do? Free Rita's Italian ice on the first day of spring. of course it was freezing out but it was still worth it...