Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Land of Wooden Shoes

Most of you may know what is going on right now but some of you, my faithful readers do not and may be wondering where Larissa has gone. Well, Larissa has gone, and is on vacation with her family. I am now in Holland (hence the title). I have officially left Bosnia. I never knew that it was possible for a person to cry so much, but yes, physically the human body is capable of crying heavly for hours and hours and hours and still the tears keep coming.

I really did not want to make this post all about crying... that is for the next post ;-) I wanted to tell you what we are doing. We first went through Germany, now we are in Holland, tomorrow it is D-day beach and then for the next two days Paris. Then we go to Italy for lik 8 days or somehting like that, then Vienna were we fly out for FL on the 21st or 22nd.

I would appriciate it if you would still keep me in your prayers as this is extremely difficult for me who is more Bosanka then Amerikanka. Love you all, make sure and comment to let me know that you are reading. "Ik ben farkun" (that is all I can say in Dutch and it means taht I am a pig. Haha)

Bye

8 comments:

Becky said...

Oh Normandy! That's fun! It's really windy there...well mit was when we were there. And Paris is nice! (Rome is better!) I'll keep you in my prayers. Love ya & miss ya!

~Becky

Shannon said...

*cough* I wonder where you learned that phrase ... hehe. Hey, we've got to work out a time where we can talk on the phone when we both get to the states cause I've got LOTS to tell you. Pusa!

Kait said...

hey laris! i understand what thats like...just cry it all out hon. and enjoy your vacation. I WILL BE SEEING YOU IN A MONTH AND I'M ECSTATIC!!!!!!!!

Janelle said...

♥.
Love you.

john-bob said...

Don't worry Larissa, most of the pain and heartache will pass with time, it says in Proverbs 10:7 that "The memory of the righteous is blessed". As for the tears, well, it says in Pslam 126:5 that "They that sow in tears shall reap in joy." Well I hope those verses may be of some comfort to you. And we miss you as much as you miss Bosnia.

Ben eats manna said...

well, you left...and I am still here, in Oklahoma...

www.mannaforlunch.blogspot.com

Yep,
Ben

Rodney Blevins said...

Hey Larissa,
You did a good job of hiding your sorrow while you were here. That's probably because you had such a good time with us, that you forgot to cry. Right?!?

Anyway, we're glad to know that you took away at least one object lesson with you from Holland, and being able to say that you're a pig is, internationally speaking of course, a must.

Larissa said...

You guys are amazing, thanks for all your support!