
I have been meaning to blog about this for quite awile now, but i have just not had the time. It was last Tuesday night... Mom and I had just had our excersise class. She was a little sore. But I just took a shower, turned on my little heater, and went to bed. When all the sudden (at about 5am) I sat up in bed. What had awoken me? Then I smelt it. It was something I've never smelt. It was not plasticy, but not a wood or coal smell either. Then I looke at my heater. "Ah, that must be it" So i got up, turned it off, and went back to bed. Next thing I know it is about 8:30am and mom wakes me up. She had just got done walking with Aunt Jacque. She sat on the bed adjacent from mine.
"Larissa, I can't believe what I almost did!"
"What? Whats wrong? What happend?"
"I left the stove on all night, I was heating our physical thearpy heating-pad and I forgot about it and when to bed. For 9 hours the stove's gas burned, full blast."
When I saw the pot I was amazed. The outside had started to melt because of the extreme heat. On the inside (we opened it only when it was cooled down) our physical-theapy-pad had been literally cooked into coal. The certain chemicals that filled the pad had been heated so much that they melted and vaporize. And when the pot cooled they stuck to the lid and sides almost as a hard candied-glass.

I realized it was the smell of the heating-pad burning that woke me up!! (Lesson- if you smell something weird get up and check out EXACTLY where the smell is coming from!) The whole house could have burned down!! Praise the Lord that He protected us! Our gas stove was burning full-flame for nine hours!!!
And thus: death almost came to us by night!
3 comments:
oh man! that's really scary! that reminds me of one time when I put a metallic paper plate into the microwave...NEVER try that! That was quite scary and it was in America and if we hadn't have gotten it out it could've burned down the house. glad you're all safe though!
at first glance the first picture of the pot looked like an urn... with the title of the blog, it was weird for a moment... i thought you cremated a pet... :) Glad you all are ok.
i was gonig to say something along the lines of what donovan said... at least you didn't light your chimney on fire =) seriously though, i'm glad you guys are ok.
Post a Comment