(This was written on Thursday night, the night of the women's figure skating final... however I was not able to post it that night or the next day... then we went to Montenegro so I was not able to post it until now)
Well, I must say I thought tonight was going to end well. I was all excited for the women’s figure skating long program. I was rooting for Irina Slutskia all the way. She really was the best and most consistent skater at the Olympics. But oh, such a shame! Under all that pressure she was not able to attain the gold, what she truly deserved… but bronze. She not only had pressure from herself but also from the Russian team. They really wanted a clean sweep. So far in the Men’s, Couple’s and Couple’s Dance all who received gold were Russian. Irina was the last one. I feel so bad for her. She is 29 so there won’t be another Olympics for her. I feel the same about her as I do about Kwan. Both are phenomenal skaters. Both deserved a gold Olympic metal. Neither got it. Oh how I desperately want to throw a huge box of tomatoes at the judges and yell “YOU IDIOTS!! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS!?!” But sadly… tomatoes are not in season.
Oh this has ended a sad night.
Owww… I’m sour. You know that feeling when you are super sore… all over… and all you want to do is crawl into a hot tub or take a bath in Icy Hot? Ouuuwww ouch.
4 comments:
I totally agree, Larissa!! She's been my favorite for a while, so I was rooting for her, and while I don't think she deserved 1st (the Japanese girl was AMAZING!) I do think she should have beating Cohen.
Poor girl had so much pressure on her. Not only did she have to dance last, but she was the red-hot favorite, and, like you said, if she won, it would be the first time any one country has taken the gold in every ice-skating category. *sigh*
Yeah I was rooting for her against the Japanese girl but she didn't end up doing so well. At least the US got a medal!
for Donovan:
1. Okay I due agree that she didn't deserve gold. After all she didn't do well that night. The Japanese girl was incredible. However, I am very sad that she didn't get a gold metal. She out of all of them was the most consitent skater. If you took her preformances over the whole four years then without a doubt she should have gotten it. But with all the pressure on her she crumbled.
4. I wanted the Russians to get a clean sweep because NO ONE in the entire Olympics has ever gotten a clean sweep. And i like the Russians. They are definetely more of moja tip then the Americans.
i wouldn't know. i missed the olympics all together. classes...blaaaaaaaaaaah.
Post a Comment