Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Fico



Well, as you know, I go to Tae Boe every Tuesday and Thursday. Tonight being Tuesday I went. But Mom was sick, therefore I hitched a ride with Betsy. We took…the Fico. I had never been inside that car, and boy it is an experience. My knees may have been against the dashboard, and the windshield only 7inches away from my face, but I loved it. There is no lock on the Fico door so we just left the car and went inside the gym. After an hour of sweating like a pig we get back into the little red car and head home. Betsy and I talk and laugh until we got to the bottom of my hill. “Just drop me off at the bottom of the hill, you don’t have to go up” I told Betsy. “Are you sure?” “Yep” As we pulled up to the bridge she slowed to a stop. A second earlier I noticed a man, drunk I might add, who was sitting on the sidewalk and waved to us. And as soon as we stopped he came over to my side and started to try to open the door. I automatically thought ‘lock it!’ but there was no lock to lock, nor was there a door handle to hold onto to keep him from opening the door. All I could do was say, “go, Go, GO!” *Clunk, RRR, Pop* went the clutch and stick. So up the hill we went. Leaving the man standing in the street. The Fico made it great, but I was still laughing hysterically from what the man did, and me yelling “go, go go!” I try to get out once we arrive at my house but my feet don’t fit between the seat and the front dash board, so they got stuck for a little while. (I’m sure it didn’t help that I was still laughing) After managing to finally get out, say goodbye, close the mini-car’s door, and turn around to see the Fico heading down the hill. But apearently I didn’t close it well enough because it was open about 3/4inch. Tears of laughter streamed down my face as I imagined Betsy making a turn and the door flying open Oh, I love that car.

The picture is quite obviously not the Summay’s Fico. But I made this picture for those of you who have not seen a Fico, nor can imagine how small it is. Notice how big I am in comparison .

4 comments:

Larissa said...

LOL. I must say. I was quite fun. And yes I did cut myself out and stick it in a picture of a Fico that I found on the internet.

Jen- that would be great. I can just see all the Amecicans saying "what in the world is that? Is that Go-Kart that got off its track?" :-D

john-bob said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
john-bob said...

Ha ha! The Fico is one of the greatest cars ever! When I'm able to drive, I'd like to have a Fico. I'm glad you were able to enjoy that bucket of bolts. You can have an adventure in almost every single drive with that thing. Especially the Summay's Fico.

Larissa said...

I love the Fico